‘There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all’ – Peter Drucker
- Do you want to build a strong and effective middle management team, who are capable of leading others through change whilst simultaneously meeting and exceeding operational targets?
- Are you experiencing issues with the retention of talent?
- Are you aware of levels of discontent among your team members that seems to remain unresolved no matter what remedies you have tried in the past?
- Would you like your management team to become more dynamic and change-ready to deliver on the organisation’s strategic plans?
THE ISSUES WE ADDRESS:
As the saying goes, people don’t leave jobs, they leave managers. In a study carried out in Facebook (2018) on the topic of staff retention they reported learning something interesting about the people who remained with the organisation and went on to have successful careers.
‘They found their work enjoyable 31% more often, used their strengths 33% more often, and expressed 37% more confidence that they were gaining the skills and experiences they need to develop their careers.’ The role of the management team in providing this type of employee experience is absolutely integral. Organisations who understand the importance of the middle management team in the successful delivery of change, will appreciate the importance of developing the skills and behaviours of this group of highly influential individuals.
At O’Brien Learning Solutions we appreciate that ‘employers of choice’ tap into discretionary effort by engaging their people with meaningful values and a shared purpose. This is led from the front by an inspiring and united managerial team. When these conditions are met, productivity more than doubles (Gallup, 2016). Through our Change Management Development Programme, we give you the means to unlock the power of your teams and equip people to play their part, thriving to succeed.
HOW CAN WE HELP
We run a series of programmes for high-potential future people leaders, those new to management positions, and more tenured managers with the organisation. These programmes are developed in a bespoke manner which factors in the specific needs of your middle management population, in supporting the strategic direction of the organisation.
We have an ‘a la carte’ suite of offerings for these groups / individuals. We can provide these individually as a ‘standalone offering’ or we can incorporate a number of modules into a bespoke management development programme, depending on what your needs are.
- The manager as coach
- Mentoring for success
- Spearheading a problem-solving team culture
- Communicating for clarity
- Holding courageous conversations (the art of providing feedback)
- Dissolving conflict
- Developing a service excellence mindset
- The emotionally intelligent manager
- Personal Impact and Influence
- Becoming an agent of change
- One to one manager coaching for change
- Building a high performing team
THE BENEFITS OF PROVIDING FOCUSED MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT INTERVENTIONS ARE:
- A capable and agile middle management team with the ability to manage team performance to meet organisational objectives.
- A motivated and enthusiastic middle management layer, who provide day to day support and motivation to the junior levels within the organisation
- A management team who feel valued and are thus willing to ‘go the extra’ mile to support the departmental and organisational strategies and goals
- Increased skills and abilities at mid-management level in relation to providing mentoring, coaching and feedback to peers and employees on a consistent basis
- Increased skills at managerial level to foster a continuous improvement mindset and a culture of employee engagement and satisfaction
”We invited Denise to work with our Team Leaders to help develop their ongoing training in the areas of self-development and objection handling. Denise was very supportive from the start of the process by tailoring the training to suit our business requirements.Deirdre KerinBusiness Manager / Arise
Her easy and straight forward approach helps the trainee to identify a logical path to any given situation which allows them to remove the ‘noise’. This programme was a great start to our ongoing Performance Management process and benefited our team greatly by providing them with the additional tools to support their individual teams. Denise is a pleasure to work with and we look forward to working with her again in the future.
BECAUSE CHANGE MATTERS TO US,
WE CARE ABOUT HOW CHANGE IMPACTS YOU
At O’Brien Learning Solutions, we are passionate about the engagement of employees during periods of change. Allow us to help you to harness the most integral factor in your organsiation’s success when it comes to implementing change – your teams and your people.